Sunday, August 9, 2009

August 8th, 2009....a date that I'll always remember.... Part 7

I leave the bathroom all nice and clean and refreshed ready for some FOOD!! ESPECIALLY PIZZA!!! I sit down, take off my sandals and let my feet breathe, probably not humane in a restaraunt, so sue me!! I order an Orange Fanta to get those sugars back, and a WATER!! Then the pizza comes and it's mouthwatering amazing!! The first bite was hot but I didn't care, the heat warmed up my entire cold wet body!! Unlike at the house, I had my appetite back and ready to devour a pizza!! Knowing not to over eat myself after not eating for so long, I had only half a pizza and boxed the rest! Also, I wanted to save room for strawberry ice cream, get some calcium in my bones as well!;) I paid the bill, tipped the waiter 100 rupees for a 500 rupee bill, I didn't care if that was a lot the meal was amazing and the service again was perfect!! On the walk home the emotions finally came out!! Tears galore from being tired, and exhausted, and staying mental tough for 9 hours (6 of those being lost)! It felt really good to get that out of my system!!:) Made it home and immediately took a shower! Washed the blood off the feet from the leeches, washed the stench of sweat and India rain off, and soaped up everywhere!! After my shower I got the leech socks out of my bag and sure enough the 2 leeches I left in there were still there, poured a CRAP load of salt on them to make sure they were dead, they died!!:) Turned on my i-pod and within 5 minutes I didn't even make it past 2 songs I was out like a light!! Didn't even notice Stephan getting home at 1am!! Also, apparently Nicole called like 8 times from 11-12 to see if I made it home safe, yeah didn't hear that at all either!! This morning waking up felt not to sore but looked at my feet and whoa, leech holes everywhere! 4 holes on my right foot and 1 on my left! Emotionally just drained, no energy at all, and was so glad it was Sunday, lazy Sunday! After gaining full consciousness I caught up in my journal! Once again my hike post will take up a lot of pages!! Last hike entry was 9 pages! I started this one, got to 3 pages so far, and that's at the temple! So have lots to write still for that! After that downloaded my photos onto the computer, all 275 of them from the one day hiking trip!! And then headed to Woodstock for some lunch! That was a very very very long walk to school!! I could feel the soreness now and still no energy at all! Made it to lunch at school, and since lunch 12:30 I've been blogging and now finally caught up!!! I hope everyone had an amazing Saturday, at least a dry one!! And for those just waking up or will eventually have an AWESOME Sunday!!!!:) One last thing, I highly advise running a marathon once in your life, you never know when you'll need that mental toughness and muscle to accomplish and overcome extreme obstacles in your life!! And don't panic if you turn left when you should have turned right, if you stay focused, calm, and collective you will come out just fine!!! I finally got my wish of an exciting adventure in India!!:) Just glad to be back in the real world and not lost in the hills of Mussoorie for 6 hours!!! Love you all and happy smiling!!!!!!:)

4 comments:

  1. (you MUST read this to yourself in a waily, old woman/mom voice)...You're ALIVE! I was so worried! Did you eat enough? Are there still leaches on you? I'll wack them off with my broom if I have to. I'm just so happy that (extra wail) you're ALIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm I'll let you do that for me!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serves you right for trying to be all ambitious and fitnessy. Seriously...Tatur in the first month?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geez, Steve. I swear it was like reading an adventure scene in a book and the leeches, that's just disgusting, lol. Glad you made it back, Wildman, with nothing more than a few holes. Better keep safe though, not sure if Shakopee Tennis will accept damaged goods, lol. No, I'm just kidding, we love you.
    H of C&H Connection, Twins of Destruction

    ReplyDelete