Tuesday, April 28, 2015

You are YOU and no one else!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):)

With running season beginning in full force now, Boston Marathon, London Marathon, Grandma's coming up in less than 2 months, I've found myself hearing all of my friends kicking some major butt on the courses with PB's!!!!!!!!:):):):) FIRST A HUGE CONGRATS TO MY RUNNING BROTHER JON-O FOR RUNNING HIS FIRST BOSTON MARATHON!!! AND UNDER 3 HOURS!!!!!!!:):):):):):) ALSO A HUGE CONGRATS TO MY OTHER RUNNING BROTHER PRITAM FOR RUNNING LONDON THIS PAST SATURDAY IN UNDER 3 HOURS!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):) For those who know marathons, a sub-3 hour is not an easy feat!!! Especially for those who aren't natural runners to begin with!!!!;):):):):):):):)

Not going to lie this past month has been hard to swallow, everyone reaching their goals in a major marathon, running under 3 hours, people who've never ran one before finishing their first!! Which makes me think, I've tried for a Boston qualifier 3 times now, with number four coming up in June!!!! It really puts doubt in your head, am I good enough to even run this fast, can I do this, I've already tried 3 times and nothing to show for it?!?!? Is altitude screwing everything up?!?!

But then I take these doubts and use it for even MORE MOTIVATION!!!! HELL YEAH I'M FAST ENOUGH!!! YES I'M GOOD ENOUGH!!! I WILL DO THIS!!!!!!!! You cannot get sucked in to what others do and accomplish, you are YOU and your body is yours!!!! If I was a twin of someone else, even THEN my body would still be different!!! So many times I hear my students say, I want a body like this persons, or I want to be playing ball like this athlete!! I tell them, so what about working your butt off and being YOUR type of player!! Making a name for YOURself!!! Or having YOUR type of body!!! It's VERY easy to get sucked in to the comparative world, it takes mental toughness and determination to block all of that out and do what YOU do best and that's BE YOU!!!!:):):):):):):):)

I'll get my goal of sub-3, when my body and mind is ready!!! When will that be, hopefully June 20th, if not than another time!! All I know is I'm putting in the BEST AND HARDEST effort that I can right now, especially with a little crazy 2 year old at home!!!!!;):):):):):):):) Would I change ANY of my past failures or current external factors right now, NO WAY TIMES A BILLION!!!!!!!!:):):):) You learn from failures and I love my family to death!!! If being around Aleksia sacrifices my Boston qualifier a couple of more years, than so be it!!! Yes my goal 10 years ago was to qualify for Boston by 2015, however making that goal not knowing what would happen in year 10 changes things!!!:):):):) I will still try and give it my all, but being a father right now is first and foremost!!!!:):):):) BUUUUUUUUUT, who says there aren't fast running new fathers out there!!!!;):):):):)

JUNE 20TH IS 52 DAYS AWAY!!! LET'S FINISH STRONG BABY!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):) HAPPY SMILING AND BEING YOU!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):)

1 comment:

  1. You have a wonderful attitude, I am cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete